I have a good friend getting married this coming weekend. She and I only worked together for just over a year but, between business trips and sharing an office, we got to know each other quite well. Add to that our mutual love of Excel charts, Grey's Anatomy and Starbucks... We were destined to be friends.
Sure, there are far too many 'inside' jokes, junk food binges on break, encouraging words, movies cried at together, and stories we don't retell, but that's what friendships are made of. Friendships are also made because you know you can count on the other person.
A little over a week ago, { via text message } Sarah asked me to make her something. Because I'm 'the craftiest friend she has', she asked that I make her a card box for her wedding, as her shower gift... the shower that was 2 days away. I was flattered to know she trusted me with this important task. She knew I wouldn't let her down; she could count on me.
I had a great time picking out the fabric and playing with shapes and textures. She gave me no direction except that the wedding colors are white, black and red. { I prefer to work with few guidelines. }
I was pleased with the result, and knowing her, I knew she would love it. { She did. }
Here is the result:
Exciting announcement... After some encouragement from a few { unnamed } people, I am now offering custom Wedding Card Boxes in my Etsy shop, here.




Posted by
Wonderful! The texture. The color. The composition. Could win grand champion at the state fair;)
ReplyDeleteEvie
Gorgeous!
ReplyDelete