Friday, September 16, 2011

What We Ate { Thursday, Instead Of } Wednesday

For those of you who love food as much as I do, I apologize for neglecting you the past two weeks.

The truth is, The Caterpillar was going through a growth spurt { which leaves me with very little energy } and now, we are on vacation. { !!! }

To make it up to you, I will share a very special family recipe...

I have no clue how you would spell it, but the pronunciation is as follows: g-wump-keys { AKA: cabbage rolls }

Filling:
Groundbeef
Cooked White Rice
Chopped Onion
Chopped Bellpepper
Salt
Pepper
Garlic (minced or powder)

*Mix all together

Other:
Crushed Tomatoes
Cabbage

*Take handfuls of filling and roll in raw cabbage leaves; in large kettle or crockpot, layer with crushed tomatoes; fill with water until all rolls are covered; cook at a simmer all day; eat.



*I didn't actually cook this. I called my dad 2 days before we left and asked him if we could have these for supper the first night we were at his place. Thankfully, he didn't put up too much of a fight! Since it's my grandma's recipe, she walked him through it. Now, we both know how to make them and a legacy can live on well into the future!

**They were amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment